Monday, March 13, 2006

Starting off....

I have an ambition.
It is not to mount on Silver wings and soar away
Scorning the joys and griefs of every day
May I be human, toiling like the rest
With tender heart-beats in my chest.

Not on cold, lonely heights, above the abodes
Of common mortals would I build my fame
But in the hearts of living men
Would I write my name.

Friendship is precious, courage divine
May these be mine
I ask no crown
Such is my ambition which I here unfold
May it be granted mine is wealth untold.

3 comments:

Padma said...

Congratulations! and Welcome to blogging world!!(as if I blog a lot - and as u can see, my blog is empty).. and did u write this by yourself??? Amazing!!

Krishna said...

Thanks! No, I reconstructed this poem from memory. I had read it some time back.

Karan said...

welcome!