Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Something else


I recently came across this new feature in Google Earth called the Sunrise Layer. A very simple feature, it eventually boils down to a collection of video clips hosted by Discovery Channel. These video clips capture the sights and sounds (and boy what sights and sounds!) of sunrise at various exotic places around the Earth. The places include the most mystical ones like the Mayan pyramids, Angkor temples and the Stonehenge.

I watched some of these clips and well, it was something else! Just watching these places in a video and listening to the pure sounds of nature fills you with a sense of peace which is very difficult to describe. To illustrate, there was one scene with a monk meditating in front of a lighted candle, and I got goosebumps all over my body when I saw this! Pretty cool stuff.

2 comments:

Padma said...

Hey! Where/How can I see it???

And, I heard that Google Earth was banned due to various reasons... Maybe tat was just a rumor then..

Cool, will install n try...!!

Krishna said...

Just install Google Earth and in the layers section on the left tab, select Discovery Channel, and you'll see places popping up on the globe. Select any place and video will start!